onsdag 23 november 2011

All about SILK

The first necklace I made with silk is from 2005 and sold the same day I listed it in my Swedish webshop
I used Thai silk from a big piece that I tore apart, lampwork beads and super big  freshwater pearls


 

This picture show another old silk necklace I made for my daughter Lina  (2005 I think )  and she loved it so much that it has fell apart from use :)  She also use one of my ooak earrings that I did sell a lot always only one as they were impossible to duplicate  (lol) I had a lot of fun bending wire back then..



actually when Im to it I will show some more of those wire works :)



I also made my own polymer clay beads before my herniated discs put an end to that...(and now after the surgery I can again THANK GOD )


 
 
 


And a wired  ring

Back to the silk...so I do not get lost in all those old photos ..



My oldest girl Sara with a silk and stone necklace from 2009 I think ...when I found MarynotMartha on Etsy with those hand dyed lovely silk ribbons she made back then..



a bracelet with her ribbon and mixed  beads.....still have some left of that gorgeous ribbon!


And finally  I found the lovely sari silk ribbons that I do use a lot these days......a wrap-bracelet....a stretchy bracelet .......and a necklace that took some time to make..







 
and finally  new creation with Lisa Peters button  in front

4 kommentarer:

  1. You do such lovely work!The wire work is wonderful!! Can't tell you how many compliments I get when I wear your large pearl necklaces with silk:)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hi my dear W ...did You see Your heart button in the wrap bracelet :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. They are all so beautiful, especially the heart bracelet and the neckless below. Lovely color combinations.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Beautiful work. Love the heart bracelet and the wrap necklace. Oh la la!

    SvaraRadera